Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Living in the Present for 31 Days

This year I've decided to join in with 31 Days and make a commitment to write every day for the month of October.  It's too easy for me to put writing aside in favor of more "responsible" activities or chores.  If I have laundry or dishes to do, (or shows to catch up with on Hulu), I find excuses and think I don't have time to write.  No one really has time to write, and yet people with far more responsibilities than I have somehow make the time.  So enough of me being lazy.  I figure if I actually have a reason or something to write about, perhaps I'll make time for this thing I love.

My topic will be about living in the present moment.  Too often I find myself dwelling on the past or alternatively being worried about or excited about the future.  I know I would be more content if I simply lived in the moment, and yet I have such a hard time with that.  So I'd like to explore this subject, and "force" myself to live in the present for the month of October.  This blog will be where I document that.  Sometimes I'll just write about our day, and other days I might document what I'm learning throughout this process.

Life is too good to miss out on because I'm not focused on each moment.  Ellery is still very small and I don't want to look back on this time and see only a blur.  It's hitting me that the next three months are my last with her as my only baby, and I want to fully experience each day so that I can savor the memories.

I'll have to link up later this week once I figure out how to make a button and actually link up.  (And now that I think about it, perhaps my topic should be "figuring out the computer/technology side of blogging."  Maybe that would make me a better or more consistent blogger...)

No comments:

Post a Comment